A new cohort for the mentorship program.
After the success of its pilot program last spring, the New Generation Committee is proud to announce the official launch of the winter 2022-2023 cohort of its mentorship program for university students.
PURPOSE OF THE MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
Connect students with a passion for venture capital and private equity to professionals that work in the industry based on mutual interests, fit, and needs of both parties.
Mentees and mentors will meet at a minimum four (4) times either in person or over Zoom depending on COVID restrictions and personal preferences. The mentors will be members of the new generation of the industry.
100% of the mentors want to do it again*
*Mentors who responded to the Spring 2022 Mentorship Program Appreciation Survey.
WHY BECOME A MENTOR?
- Developing leadership & communication skills
- Building a reputation as an advisor and guide for others
- Gaining new perspectives
- Connecting with the incoming generation in their industry and potential new hires
WHO CAN BECOME A MENTOR?
- All professionals who wish to share their experience and develop leadership skills
- A minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 15 years of professional experience in private equity / venture capital or related sectors
- Fill out the registration questionnaire below
KEY DATES – WINTER COHORT 2022-2023:
- October 5 to 21: Application period
- November to april: Mentorship program
- Early May: Closing cocktail with all participants
Do you know students who would be interested in being mentored? Share the information with your network!
WHY BECOME A MENTEE?
- An opening session for mentorship best practice sharing and Q&As
- Career & academic planning
- Skill & knowledge development
- Learning industry culture & lifestyle