PERSONAL INFORMATION GOVERNANCE POLICY
1. Purpose of this policy
- The personal information we collect
- How we use the data we collect
- Who has access to the information we collect
- Rights of site users
2. Applicable law
This policy complies with the laws set out in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
3. Scope and application
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. Since we obtain information about you through our services, including the Réseau Capital website (http://www.reseaucapital.com), we believe it is important that you understand how we collect and use this information.
Réseau Capital reserves the right to change this policy at any time without notice. The most current version of the Policy is available on our Web sites and its effective date is indicated there. If there are any changes to the Policy that materially affect your privacy, we will notify you by posting a notice on the home page of our websites. If you continue to use our Web sites after such changes take effect, you will be deemed to have accepted those changes. We recommend that you review this policy regularly.
Users agree that by using our site, they consent to:
- the collection, use and retention of the data listed in this policy.
5. Personal information collected
The term “personal information” refers to any information that allows you to be personally identified. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, Internet Protocol (IP) address, age, gender, marital status, health information, financial situation, credit card information and credit history. However, personal information does not include your name, business title or business address and business telephone number as an employee of an organization.
Automatically collected personal information / Cookies and web beacons
We do not collect any data automatically on our site.
If you set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, you will receive a warning message for each cookie. You can disable or delete cookies by configuring your browser to do so. However, if you disable or delete cookies, some portions of the functionality or Web site may not function properly.
Personal information collected non-automatically
We may also collect the following personal information when you perform certain functions on our site:
- First and last name
This information may be collected through the following methods:
– Newsletter registration
– Interest or feedback forms
– Purchases and event registrations
– When you send us an e-mail or contact Réseau Capital by telephone.
Please note that we only collect information that helps us achieve the purpose stated in this policy. We will not collect any additional data without informing you first.
6. Duration of storage of personal information
User data will be stored for a period of : 10 years
We will ensure that users are notified if their data is retained for longer than this period.
7. Use of personal information
We only use personal information that is necessary to fulfill the purposes that are stated in this policy or otherwise disclosed at the time of collection.
We use your personal information to properly process your requests and to provide you with the information and materials you request. We also use any information that you voluntarily provide to us in order to properly provide our products and services to you. We may also use the information we have collected to add personalized elements to our services or to plan their content more appropriately, depending on our users’ interests.
In accordance with our Email Policy, we may use your personal information to send you promotional or informational emails about Réseau Capital activities or news, always with a view to providing you with the best possible service.
You can use the various links contained in each of our e-mails to set your e-mail subscription preferences, unsubscribe or contact us.
8. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Authorized personnel of Réseau Capital may access your personal information as necessary to perform their duties in connection with the Services and in accordance with the purposes set out in this Policy.
We may add you to a Réseau Capital mailing list or listserv if you instruct us to do so. In the latter case, you may ask us to remove you at any time.
Except as otherwise provided in this Policy, we will not disclose your personal information to anyone outside Réseau Capital without your express consent, with the exception of the following third parties, and only if they have implemented appropriate security safeguards to ensure at least the same level of security as ours:
– our suppliers who have been retained to perform certain functions on our behalf (e.g. website management). Réseau Capital takes the necessary measures to ensure that these suppliers process your information solely for the purposes determined by Réseau Capital;
The only exception is if we are required to do so by law or court order. We will disclose your information to government authorities if they require such information and request it.
9. Retention and security of your personal information
We retain personal information collected in accordance with this policy only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. After this period, we ensure its anonymity and protect it from unauthorized access or disclosure.
We keep your file ourselves. In addition, we take and apply appropriate security measures to preserve the privacy or confidentiality of your information.
10. Protection of your personal information
All data stored in our system is well secured and accessible only to our employees. Our employees are bound by strict confidentiality agreements and a breach of this agreement would result in the employee’s dismissal.
While we take every reasonable precaution to ensure that our user data is secure and that users are protected, there is always the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be, at times, insecure and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond this.
11. General information and how to exercise your rights
You have the right to know the purpose of Réseau Capital’s collection and processing of your personal information, as well as the right to access, update or correct that information. You may at any time withdraw your consent to the use and retention of your personal information by Réseau Capital, request the deletion of your personal information or object to the processing of your personal information by Réseau Capital. In such a case, however, you may no longer be able to access all or part of our services or certain of their functionalities. You also have the right to portability of your personal information.
To exercise your rights described above, or if you have any questions or comments regarding this policy, please contact us.
To learn more about the protection of personal information on the Internet, visit the websites of the Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec and the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
Responsible for the protection of personal information :
Olivier Quenneville, President and CEO
Effective date: June 12, 2023
- Réseau Capital e-mail subscribers are Réseau Capital members or active customers, subscribers to our Réseau Capital websites, professionals whose industry is closely related to one of our services and who have expressed an interest by sending us their e-mail address via a business card or by telephone, or who have prominently published their e-mail address with no indication that they do not wish to receive unsolicited e-mail at this address.
- All e-mails sent by or on behalf of Réseau Capital or one of its departments include Réseau Capital’s mailing address, telephone number and Web site address.
- A hyperlink to an unsubscribe mechanism is included at the bottom of all electronic mailings. This link also allows you to change your subscription preferences.
- The list of e-mail addresses of subscribers to Réseau Capital electronic mailings will never be rented or sold, in whole or in part, unless your prior consent has been obtained.