Vice-President – Corporate Development and Strategies
A leader in Quebec in terms of investing, Desjardins Capital is Desjardins Group’s fund manager. As a strong promoter of entrepreneurs, it offers strategic and financial support to growing business and contributes to the sustainable prosperity of communities and the people who live in them.
The vice-president of corporate development and strategies plays a key role in the growth of Desjardins Capital and helping it achieve its goals by ensuring the development and implementation of strategies required for corporate development. By taking a forward-looking approach, they are able to determine the next steps that need to be taken.
In particular, they are responsible for:
- Leading Desjardins Capital’s strategic planning and managing cross-sector projects, including managing contributions and internal and external partnerships.
- Establishing the fund manager’s development strategies.
- Developing, implementing and executing marketing and business outreach strategies aimed at increasing visibility and business development.
- Managing partnerships with sponsors with a view to maintaining and increasing investments.
- Develop, implement and monitor an action plan for their team, in line with Desjardins Capital’s strategic priorities and integrated with the other teams’ action plans.
- Implement management and communication practices that encourage change management, skills development, engagement, talent retention and diversity, and are consistent with Desjardins Capital’s values.
- Support the Chief Operating Officer with strategic thinking and planning. Help with preparations for management committees, board of directors and division meetings.
- Establish action plans stemming from the strategic plan and prioritization of projects. Coordinate all of the projects’ monitoring and progress and take charge of certain highly strategic projects that allow the organization to be innovative.
- Coordinate the contributions of the Desjardins Group communications, HR and IT teams.
Take charge of developing and carrying out the following strategic initiatives:
- Develop the fund manager and liaise with sponsors.
- Evaluate, select and monitor investments in external funds in keeping with our investment orientations.
- Create marketing and business outreach efforts to increase visibility (e.g., brand evolution, social media strategies, website management, liaising and networking for DC and its funds under management such as CRCD, positioning of the offer to entrepreneurs and managing sponsorships).
Key challenges and issues
- Communicate a common understanding of Desjardins Capital’s vision and positions to all key internal and external players.
- Coordinate the organization’s development in response to Desjardins Capital’s growth challenges over the coming years. Ensure the necessary contributions are made.
- In collaboration with the management committee, prioritize projects, ensure they are properly coordinated and completed on time.
- Help assemble a team to achieve this mandate.
- Create, implement and update coordination, integration and cross-sector monitoring mechanisms.
- Ten (10) years of experience in managing teams and strategic planning
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field
- Solid understanding of the venture capital and private investment sectors
- Marketing knowledge
- Ability to build and manage networks
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to develop talent
- Ability to manage uncertainty and ambiguity
- Excellent organizational skills
Other working conditions
- Number of jobs available :1