Stikeman Elliott s.e.n.c., s.r.l.
Stikeman Elliott is one of Canada’s leading business law firms and is recognized for top tier services in each of our core practice areas – corporate finance, M&A, real estate, corporate-commercial law, banking, structured finance, tax, insolvency, competition and foreign investment, employment and business litigation. We are regularly retained by domestic and international companies in a wide range of industries including financial services, insurance, technology, communications, transportation, manufacturing, mining, energy, infrastructure and retail.
Stikeman Elliott is consistently ranked by national and international market observers and peers as among Canada’s leading Corporate-Commercial, M&A and Corporate Finance firms, frequently dominating league tables in a variety of practice areas and sectors.
1155 boul. René-Lévesque Ouest
41e étage, Montréal, Qc, Canada
+1 514 397 3000
- American East Coast
- Fund of funds
- Legal Advice
- A consortium consisting of Power Energy Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Power Corporation of Canada, Mr. François-Xavier Souvay, the Founder, President and CEO of Lumenpulse Inc., and other existing shareholders, in connection with the privatization of Lumenpulse Inc.
- American Industrial Partners and certain other investors, as Canadian counsel, in their acquisition, directly or indirectly, of all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Canam Group Inc. for an enterprise value of approximately C$875M.
- Canada Goose Holdings Inc. in its C$391M initial public offering of subordinate voting shares and dual-listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange.
- Madison Dearborn Partners, LLC, as Canadian counsel, in its acquisition of BlueCat Networks (USA) Inc.
- Desjardins Financial Corporation Inc. in its C$775M sale of Western Life Assurance Company and Western Financial Group Inc. to Trimont Financial Ltd., a subsidiary of The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company.
- Starwood Capital Group, as Canadian counsel, in its US$2.85B acquisition of the subsidiaries and assets of Milestone Apartments Real Estate Investment Trust.
- Export Development Canada (EDC) in its US$50M "Masala Loan" financing, denominated in rupees, to Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS).
- BWX Technologies, Inc. in the acquisition by its subsidiary, BWXT Canada Ltd., of all the shares of GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy Canada Inc.
- Maxi Canada Inc., as Canadian counsel, in its acquisition by Altamont Capital Partners.
- Air Canada in its C$1.25B refinancing transaction, which included a private offering of C$200M of 4.75% senior secured first lien notes due 2023 and a US$1.1B new senior secured credit facility, comprised of a US$800M term loan maturing in 2023 and an undrawn US$300M revolving credit facility expiring in 2021.
- Marriott International, Inc., as Canadian counsel, in its US$13B acquisition of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc.
- Audax Group, as Canadian counsel, in its sale of Laborie Medical Technologies to Patricia Industries, a subsidiary of Investor AB.
- Axium Infrastructure Inc. in the refinancing of the Sea-to-Sky Highway public-private partnership project by way of a $556,495,000 bond offering of Sea to Sky Highway Investment Limited Partnership, in Canada, the U.S. and other international jurisdictions.
- Lowe's Companies in its C$3.2B friendly acquisition of Rona Inc. by way of a plan of arrangement under the Business Corporations Act (Québec).
- Cara Operations Limited in its C$537M acquisition of Groupe St-Hubert Inc.
- Telus Mobility in obtaining the dismissal on the merits from the Superior Court of Quebec of a class action instituted by Quebec consumers alleging that the early termination fees charged by Telus were abusive.
- Tata Steel Minerals Canada Ltd. v. Barrette et Fils Ltée. – successful suspension of a C$22M seizure before judgment against Tata Steel's assets.
- Prince v. Avis Budget Group Inc. et al. - Defence of Hertz in a consumer class action alleging misleading advertising and fragmented pricing.