Finalta Capital lends to innovative Canadian companies that claim refundable investment tax credits for Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED), eBusiness (CDAE and OIDMTC) and the production of multimedia titles, as well as large government grants.
Over $70 million in tax credit financing is concluded by Finalta each year.
There are 3 advantages over loan programs from other financial institutions for the funding of past and accrued (instalments throughout a year not yet completed) tax credits:
• Pre-Funding of Expenditures, disbursements on the first day of each quarter before expenditures are even made.
• Increased Liquidity by 50%, on the basis of the same tax credits.
• Alleviated Loan Administration Burden, no need for government guarantees, financial close in some 15 business days.
• Institutional rates, size- and risk-adjusted, between the overall cost of capital of a line of credit and subordinated debt.
The impact: Pre-funding eligible expenditures for R&D and multimedia tax credit as they accrue, alleviates the cash flow pressure of an intensive R&D program, accelerates time to market, increases competitiveness, revenue from innovation and firm value.
1002, rue Sherbrooke ouest
Bureau 1550, Montréal, Qc, Canada
In business since
Preferred investment vehicles(s)
- Debt Guarantee
Amount of investment
- Between 250 000$ and 1 000 000$
- Between 1 000 001$ and 5 000 000$
- Between 5 000 001$ and 10 000 000$
- Between 10 000 001$ and 20 000 000$
- More than 20 000 000$