Vice-President - Sagard Private Equity Canada
We are currently looking for outstanding individuals to join our fast-paced and rapidly growing Canadian Mid-Market Private Equity Fund as Vice-President in our Montreal and Toronto offices.
- Assisting partners in sourcing of investment opportunities
- Screening of investment opportunities and pipeline management
- Leading the due diligence and underwriting of new investment opportunities
- Co-ordinating and interacting with external due diligence advisors
- Assisting partners in legal negotiations of transaction documentation
- Key role in preparing and presenting opportunities to the fund’s Investment Committee
- Active role in portfolio management, interacting with Management teams and acting as a board observer
- Train and mentor team of associates
- Establish network with peers to fuel business development
Experience & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of work experience, with relevant investment experience
- Bachelor degree
- MBA is an asset
- Prior exposure to board of directors meetings
- Professional designation a plus
- Bilingualism is a strong asset for Montreal (French and English).
Our ideal candidate:
- Strong business acumen with a passion for mid-market investing
- Aligned with our core values:
- Rigorous - Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; organized and exceptional attention to detail; a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented workplace; hard-working and willingness to work nights and weekends when required.
- Proactive and innovative - Thrives in an dynamic working environment; curious, eager to learn about and contribute to a wide variety of topics; suggests new ideas and new ways of working
- Collaborative - Inclusive operating style coupled with a hands-on, results-oriented attitude.
- Authentic – demonstrates humility, openness, integrity and inclusiveness
- Entrepreneurial- self starter, ability to operate quickly with lean resources
Sagard Holdings (“Sagard”) is a multi-strategy alternative asset manager with professionals located in Canada (Montreal, Toronto), the US, Europe and Asia. Since 2016, Sagard has grown exponentially. Assets under management have expanded from US$500M to over US$12.5B and Sagard’s team of diverse professionals has grown from 50 to over 260+ team members in just 6 years.
Sagard invests across four asset classes: private equity (Sagard Private Equity Canada, Sagard Europe, Sagard NewGen), credit (Sagard Credit Partners), healthcare royalties (Sagard Healthcare Royalty Partners), and venture capital (Portage Ventures). Sagard Holdings was founded by Power Corporation of Canada as a complement to its global investment holdings and serves as one of its key strategic priorities with strong, long-term growth objectives.
Sagard’s entrepreneurial DNA is palpable across our entire team and is a platform built by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs. Sagard looks to generate attractive returns by matching investment opportunities with flexible capital solutions and pairing entrepreneurs with teams that have deep industry knowledge. Sagard develops long-term partnerships and empowers the growth of its investments through a unique global network of portfolio companies, limited partners, advisors and other valued relationships.
Sagard is a UN PRI signatory and strives to measure and assess the social and economic impact it has on the people and businesses within our network, as well as on our society as a whole.
Sagard Private Equity Canada was officially launched in February 2021 and is raising a private equity fund focused on the Canadian mid-market, looking to become the partner of choice to Canadian mid-market entrepreneurs and executives on their quest to become market leaders. The team has strong momentum, having closed its first investment in Groupe Lou-Tec in September 2021, and completed its First Close in November 2021 at 50% of its fundraising target. The Canadian Private Equity Fund is part of Sagard Holdings.
More at www.sagard.com.
Sagard is an equal opportunity employer, which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact the People & Culture team to make your needs known in advance.
We welcome all applications and wish to thank all candidates for their interest in applying for this position. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.