Innovobot Fund I is Tech-for-Good early-stage VC fund based in Montreal targeting Canadian Deep Tech companies. Our investment thesis is built on three pillars:
- We believe there is a whitespace opportunity in revolutionary technologies. We invest in transformational, disruptive innovations that can address real world problems.
- We focus on the double bottom line – we invest in companies that have a positive social and/or environmental impact.
- We have a PE approach to VC. We only invest where our strong technical and operating expertise can minimize execution risk and increase stakeholder value.
We believe that capital is not enough for early-stage companies to succeed and draw from our extensive entrepreneurial experience to provide hands-on operational support to our portfolio companies, significantly increasing the likelihood of success.
Reporting to the Managing Partner, the role will be primarily focused on supporting the senior investment team with investment underwriting, portfolio analytics and data analyses, and portfolio management initiatives. The role will cover the full spectrum of activities: carrying out the various stages of financial and sector analyzes leading to investments, actively participating in monitoring of portfolio investments and supporting the team in the overall management of its portfolio.
- Conduct industry, market and company-specific research and perform a variety of quantitative, data-intensive analyses;
- Participate in the selection of opportunities that will be the subject of a preliminary analysis and ensure its completion;
- Analyze investment and performance criteria for new opportunities;
- Participate in due diligence of the companies evaluated;
- Support the investment team in underwriting investments, including extensive financial modeling and investment memo drafting;
- Maintain relevant internal databases;
- Set up and update internal performance dashboards;
- Develop effective research and monitoring tools;
- Proactively monitor the financial and operational indicators defined during the evaluation of the opportunities;
- Perform extensive analyses around portfolio analytics;
- Participate in the development of work processes and update the required information;
- Support the preparation and organization of the various exchanges and meetings with partners;
- Support the team in the day-to-day management of the portfolio;
- Prepare quarterly and annual investment reporting documents;
- Update marketing materials and assisting with investor relations; and
- Contribute to miscellaneous special projects as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in finance or accounting with excellent academic credentials;
- Strong interest in technology;
- CFA title completed or in progress, an asset;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in private equity/venture capital, investment banking, consulting, or other related field, including a minimum of 3 in investment analysis.
- Strong knowledge of IT tools and databases used in the financial markets (Excel advanced level, Word, PowerPoint);
- Highly developed analytical capability with proficiency in financial modeling;
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis, accounting, and the valuation of private companies;
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and attention to detail;
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a collegial, team environment;
- Strong communication skills (written and oral);
- High degree of autonomy and initiative.
Innovobot is a Montreal-based investment platform that is growing a global innovation ecosystem to generate value and well-being for entrepreneurs, investors, and society. The firm invests in disruptive and transformational technologies that have progressed to the point where they can be brought together to generate new business solutions that solve complex, real-world issues.