Clearspring Capital Partners
Clearspring Capital Partners is seeking an Associate to join our investment team. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with a small group of senior investment professionals in Toronto and Montreal, and to participate in all aspects of the investment process: evaluating potential investment opportunities, conducting industry and competitor research, building financial models, developing investment recommendations, participating in the negotiation, execution and financing of investments, and monitoring/managing portfolio companies. The Associate will work closely with professionals at the Senior Associate, Vice President, Principal, Partner and Managing Director level and engage with senior leaders at current and potential mid-sized portfolio companies. The Associate will be based in the Montreal office and travel will be required to Toronto and across Canada.
• Financial Analysis & Market Research – Building dynamic financial models to analyze potential investments, incorporating operating drivers, historical and forecasted financial statements, capital structures and returns analysis. Perform market research to support the team assessing potential investment opportunities.
• Due Diligence & Deal Execution – Supporting the deal team and working with external advisors to perform commercial, operating, legal and financial due diligence on potential investments while being involved in all aspects of deal execution and negotiation.
• Portfolio Company Support – Monitoring ongoing financial and operational performance of investments and working with senior management of portfolio companies on strategic mandates and key initiatives, such as add-on M&A.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• 2-3 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, corporate development, equity research, or management consulting
• Distinguished academic performance, with an undergraduate degree in commerce, business administration, economics or engineering
• Strong financial modeling skills and experience
• Research, accounting, and business valuation skills
• Bilingual in English and French (written and spoken)
• Intellectual curiosity, an analytical mindset and business acumen
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated with the desire to work as part of a small team with limited structure
• Flexibility and capability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Focused on team rather than individual success
• Willingness to travel to Toronto and across Canada
• Commitment to integrity
Clearspring Capital Partners is a leading Canadian mid-market private equity firm that invests in and acquires medium-sized companies through buyouts, growth and acquisition financings, going-private transactions, industry consolidations, recapitalizations and other types of transactions.
The Clearspring team works out of its offices in Montréal and Toronto in close collaboration with the management teams of its portfolio companies to create value and execute on the companies’ growth strategies. The investment team has a unique combination of consulting, operating and investing experience.
Our investment strategy is to build market leaders in correctly-defined markets by focusing on the right levers to create long term shareholder value, making sure they are led by talented and motivated executives and establishing strong positioning for these companies to succeed in their markets long after our involvement.
Clearspring has been in the private equity business since 2002. In that time, we have closed three funds and have raised over $600 million. Clearspring is currently operating out of its $260 million Fund III.
For more information, please visit our web site: www.cscap.ca
If interested by this position, please send us your resume to email@example.com